Geographies covered by the role: Europe, Middle East, Americas, Africa & Asia
Leading Asbicon’s business globally & assisting Consumer Goods, Retail, and Services clients. The key service of Asbicon is Commercial Capability Development, which is also supported by services of Market Research, Analytics, Creative Design Service, Digital Asset Development & E-learning development to bring learnings to life.
Built the Asbicon brand from scratch leading to support multinational Consumer Goods & Retail clients across various global geographies.
Built 7 service areas within Asbicon with multi-lingual capability to provide a Full Sales and Marketing support service to Consumer Goods and Retail clients (Details on page 4)
Signed global clients including Panasonic, Philips, Unilever, Duracell, Dermalogica, Walgreens Boots Alliance, LG, Veedol, GSK, Perrigo etc. on the strength of Asbicon’s offer developed internally
Signed and delivered multi-million-dollar revenues
Successfully delivered Consulting Projects including on Innovation & NPD, Creative Briefs, FunctionalTrainings, and Technology-driven change management projects through multi-functional team’s management both internally at Asbicon and at the client
Led the development of standard and customised curriculum using needs analysis, deep Industry expertise, measurable impact focus, and application of learning methodologies and the latest technology including Learning Management Systems (LMS) through the Asbicon Learning service
Managed multiple Asbicon offices across the world through respective teams including BD, delivery, finance, HR, etc. Also managed multi-country regulatory compliance
Borough Councillor- Local Government
Bracknell Forest Council
Elected as the first ever Asian origin Borough Councillor to Bracknell Forest Borough Council in May 2019 Council elections. This is my opportunity to give back to the society and I try to serve my communities in the Bracknell Borough by:
• Addressing any community needs in my ward • Being part of the Economic Skills Development Partnership – focused on ensuring our residents have the right workplace skills that can aid their economic development • Being part of the Planning Committee- overseeing planning applications in the Borough delegated to the committee • Being involved in multiple other community projects focused on improving the experiences of our residents
The Worshipful Company of Marketors
January 2020 –
Proud to be enclothed as a Liveryman of the Worshipful company of Marketors ( Livery company). As part of this role, I will focus on the development of the Marketing profession.
Senior Lecturer- International Business ( P/T)
St Mary’s University, Twickenham
Based: London, United Kingdom
In line with my focus on Capability Development of Individuals and organisations, I was presented with this fantastic opportunity to support Academic research & teaching at St Mary’s University (Part-Time), which I was delighted to accept. This provided an excellent opportunity to realise strong synergies between the latest Research thinking in Academia and professional capability development.
Supported Post Graduate Business programs in the university including “International Strategic Management”, “International Marketing” and “Digital Marketing.”
Ensured that the thinking on the latest industry requirements was always current and various management approaches could be regularly challenged and refreshed.
Created a connection between Industry and academia at this professional level as there were strong synergies.
Led Kantar Retail’s growth and delivered projects in parts of South East Asia, Europe, Middle East & Africa. Translated Kantar Retail’s global capability offer into what was relevant for the regions. Won new clients and managed existing global relationships.
• Projects won and delivered for Castrol, Lenovo, Friesland Campina,Coca-Cola, Tetra Pak, Abbott, Carlsberg etc • Biggest success was winning Castrol’s majority training business across India for 2 years. Multiple training programs were developed and delivered for different levels of sales & management hierarchies
Management Consultant (Consumer Goods)
Sales Transformation consultant for Consumer Goods Industries. Focus on Sales Strategy & CRM.
Consulting project roles:
09/2009- 05/2010— SAB Miller Plc Sales Integration Lead- Global Front office transformation
• Led Business Process design & integration for SAB Miller to deliver a combined business solution for total sales based on global best practice. Focus of integration was within the four functions of sales and between sales and other workstreams such as finance, demand, supply, marketing etc. The four functions of sales were Trade Promotions Management ( included key account management and Trade funds & claims management), Field sales planning & effectiveness, Telesales and sales back office.
07/2008- 09/2009 — Diageo Plc Global Design Director/Commercial Processes Lead
• Led Re-design of key components of the Global sales/commercial strategy across multiple brands (Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Bells etc.) and markets with best practice input. Areas of Focus include Integrated Business Planning, Customer Management, Trade Investment strategy inc. Trade Promotions Management and Sales coverage/effectiveness strategy. • Focus was also on building sales function capability to execute the new strategy and processes
10/2007- 06/2008 — Procter & Gamble Global Transformation & Transition Lead
• Led Business Transformation/Transition to a new Global growth model for P&G. Led the definition of this model, this is an industry’s first custom built model which provides sales/profit increase and cost reductions at the same time on a global scale. The Project involved a business of more than $75 Billion and is being worked on across six continents • Led the deployment of the solution to the 5 Pilot markets in Asia
08/2007-10/2007—Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Subject Matter Expert
Procter & Gamble
Campus Recruitment Team Leader
Note: This was in addition to my commercial responsibilities
• Heading a multi-functional team on one of the top ten campuses in UK • Involved in interviewing & selection of future talent for P&G • Experienced trainer on sales colleges
Market Strategy & Planning Manager
May 2005 – June 2007
• Managing the national business across more than 10 European customers on core categories for the business • Setting strategic and commercial direction for National account managers and implementing initiatives in National Accounts • Owner of National budgets for the channel • Consultant to the trade on category management including optimization of consumer insight converted to sales in-store • Owner of selected western European initiatives by managing test market in UK
Business Development Manager
May 2002 – May 2005
• Managed a national business worth approx. £15 million+($28 million) with record share levels • Profile included Strategy setting, turnover responsibility, budgets, supply chain co-ordination, category management, managing brand priorities on brands such as Ariel, Daz, Fairy, Flash etc • The business handled is UK’s biggest national chain of cash & carries servicing the retail convenience, CTN and forecourt sector and also included a national retail chain with more than 700 retail stores • Jury member of industry leading awards for 2 consecutive years • Previous experience in P&G of managing the away from home sector which served industries such as travel, hotels ,Nhs, events, workplace, pubs, restaurants and quick service retailers directly as well as via distributors • Training and coaching responsibilities
Area Head (ICI Paints now Akzo Nobel)
Profile included depot management, new market development, dead market revivals, product launches (Dulux), channel management, devising marketing and sales promotion strategies
• Turnover increased by approx. 20% • Debtor days decreased from 72 to 18 • Network growth of approx. 300% • Increase in Brand Recall • Managed a team of sales representatives
Senior Marketing Executive
PERFECT BREAD PRIVATE LIMITED
This was a new company dealing in bakery products (Perfect Bread) and I developed the market for this company in five states of India including Delhi and National Capital region Delhi making it the leader in three states and a strong competitor in two. I headed the total sales force in these areas for the start-up enterprise. It possesses a strong market presence now.
Follow him for tidbits on the topics described above, or shoot him a note to connect.